Friday 27 April 2012

THE MEANING BETWEEN CONNOTATION AND DENOTATION

altho along the same subjects, these two word have significant diferences. its how you see a film or picture. or any form of media.

denotation is more to do with what you see and hear and connotation is to do with what something means to you on a personal level. for example my friend showed me a picture of his family
and to me all i saw was a living room and a bunch of people, some elderly, some young and too him thats basicly all he could see. However we both had diferent personal views on it (connotations). for example i just saw a family. nothing really new to me but to my friend he saw people that he was really close to. some that also passed away. he loves the photo for the connotations. where-s if that photo was given to me i probobly wouldnt bother keeping it because it means nothing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment